Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Open Letter to Langdell Occupants


Dear students of Langdell,

I know it's finals, and I know you’re stressed out, but there are some things I need to say. While I’m aware that we are all law nerds, to one extent or another, there are certain things you do that are unacceptable, and I’m about to call you out.

1.Book stands. Why on EARTH would you bring a BOOK STAND into the library? When you use a book stand, you are sending a message to everyone that you are the nerdiest person in the room. You probably also carry your books with a a roller backpack and have tape on your glasses. Am I right?

2.Noise Cancellation Earphones. Seriously, what is your deal? You are already in a library that is silent 90% of the time, can you really not handle the occasional sound? And if you are really that neurotic why can’t you use ear plugs? They work WAY better and don’t make you look nearly as lame. Get it together, weirdo!


3.Smells. I don’t care if you have all four of your 8-hour finals today, there is no excuse for not showering. Your cocktail of B.O., cheap cologne and cigarette smoke is disgusting! You are foul and seriously offending me!

4.Phones. Yes, we are all VERY important people and have A LOT going on. But we don’t need to hear your Miley Cyrus Party in the USA ringtone every two hours. The first time it went off, you should have been SUPER embarrassed and turned it to vibrate right away. But you didn’t! What is WRONG with you?

5.Sickness. Are you sniffling and coughing all over me? GROSS! Why would you take your germs into the most densely populated closed space you could find? AT LEAST reserve a study room or go infect the undergrad students in Widener. JESUS!

P.S. Sorry if I came off harsh, I love you!!!

4 comments:

  1. 6. Running through the library.

    Honestly, where are you reallyyy going and are you really in that much of a hurry at 2pm? We all know you have nothing to do and nowhere to be. You're creeping me out and basically just asking for me to put my foot out and trip you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. professors and employees who walk around talking, you are RUDE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. bruce hay creeping around starbucks is far scarier than anything in langdell

    ReplyDelete