Sunday, December 6, 2009

Blake v. Leighton: Fashion Faceoff!


I know I always say this, but if you read this blog I KNOW you watch Gossip Girl. I will be the first to admit that on a Monday morning when the world seems so cold, the knowledge that a new Gossip Girl is a mere twelve hours away gives me something to live for. It is the O.C. of the mid-to-late 2000's, and just as Imogen Heap's "Watcha Say" will forever call to our memories the tragic demise of Marissa Cooper, we all remember exactly how we felt when Chuck finally admitted that he loved Blair.

On the show, the characters often look like they got dressed while blacked out on Vodka Tonics in Bergdorf's. (I'm not judging, we've all been there). But I thought it would be interesting to take a look at what they wear OFF-screen, and maybe even throw some competition into the mix. So all you Upper East Siders, who is better dressed? Is it Blake or Leighton?

Xoxo!











6 comments:

  1. Ditto... Blake is way better dressed than Leighton... Not only does she look better, but she doesn't even have a stylist, so it's all her own style. And she isn't trying to be a lame-ass pop star!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not even close. A first round knockout for Blake. This was like making Calista Flockhart fight Mike Tyson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you get the name of this blog from the movie clueless? $1 for anyone that knows what is said in clueless immediately before the line, "there goes your social life."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Leighton's style is more interesting and unique. I like Blake and, while I know she's wearing expensive clothes, sometimes I think the way she styles them cheapens the look. She already has a very "California girl" look with her blond hair and big boobs, so putting herself in that bright red low-cut/high slit number comes across as a little too "Baywatch" for my taste.

    P.S. Thanks for the tip!
    P.P.S. "My doctor said I can't do any activities where balls fly at my nose."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get it--her social life hinged on balls flying at her nose. Why might that be? Maybe she was really close friends with volleyball players (but not away from the net). Or perhaps she worked a state lottery with a malfunctioning ping pong ball machine so that it would fly out at her face, and her friends only hung out with her because she was worked at the lottery. It's also possible she plays a unique beer pong game where you put your head flush on your end of the end of the table to try to distract the other team. All possibilities that explain the name of this blog.

    ReplyDelete