Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Halloween: Trick or....Turning Tricks?


Recently, while visiting the Garment District of Boston in search of a Halloween costume, I asked my friend whether I should aim for my costume to be sexy, funny, or scary. He replied that if I attempted the first, I would achieve the latter two. Probably true. Most girls go with sexy, and that’s fine. As Cady Heron put it: “In the real world, Halloween is when children dress up in costumes and beg for candy. In Girl World, Halloween is the one night a year when a girl can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything about it. The hard-core girls just wear lingerie and some form of animal ears.” I personally can’t take the idea of dressing sexy for Halloween seriously, and typically go for your standard humorous costume (Cereal Killer, 2007) or scary get-up (zombie, 2008-2009). I’ve heard there will be a lot of Vampires this year so maybe I’ll have some company.



1 comment:

  1. "I personally can’t take the idea of dressing sexy for Halloween seriously." Funny- you looked pretty sexy last night, ya little hooch!

    ReplyDelete